Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe is a quick and simple method of cooking pork chops that are juicy and tender. This recipe for pork chops has an excellent spice rub that will give them a lot of flavors while cooking. The air-frying of pork chops is an easy and quick dinner option for a weeknight.
The air fryer is an expert in cooking meat! One of my greatest results in cooking meat comes from air fryers, like the following air fryer chicken breasts.
Pork chops are known for being dry and tough. This is because they’re an extremely lean cut of pork.
Healthy, packed with flavor, and extremely soft and moist with a delicious crunch, this fantastic Air Fryer recipe will soon be a part of your daily menu!
Table of Contents
WHY LOVE THIS RECIPE?
- The Pork Chops are cooked perfectly Crispy on the outside, but the inside remains super moist.
- They are made of affordable as well as basic pantry staples.
- Easy meal – prepare ahead for quick cooking, or for quick weeknight suppers and family meals.
- Ideal for serving for your big Mardi Gras celebration meal, these top pork chops are the perfect example of what delicious pork chops ought to be.
WHAT ARE THE BEST PORK CHOPS FOR THE AIR FRYER?
I’ve discovered that the top pork chops to use in air fryers are the thick center-cut, bone-in chops. I strive to make the chops as thick as I can about 1 1/2 to two inches in thickness. The reason I prefer most thick chops is because, with the time needed to cook it gives the pork chops a gorgeous char across every side. Thin pork chops cook too fast and will never have that lovely char on the outside. Pork chops that are thick require an average of 12 minutes. With our rub using this air fryer pork chops recipe, we have that gorgeous char on the chops that is delicious!
WHAT YOU’LL FOR THIS AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS RECIPE
If you try the mix of flavors in the recipe below, you’ll want to make it a part of every dish! Ground mustard isn’t as popular as prepared mustard however it’s an excellent method to add tangy rich flavor to many recipes. I suggest making a double or triple amount of rub, and then saving the rest to sprinkle on meat, fish, etc…
- Pork Chops: Boneless pork chops, as well as bone-in pork chops, are great for this dish. Make sure to use pork chops at least 1 inch thick. Thin pork chops are prone to drying out and turn tough.
- Olive oil: To rub it on your pork chops. It is also possible to use avocado oil for this.
- Chili Powder, Paprika, and Ground Mustard: The perfect combination of spices for pork! I prefer sweet paprika, however hot is fine for those who want a little of a spice.
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic and Onion Powders: These two powders provide a strong flavor and require no cutting or mincing.
The Best Seasoning for Air Fryer Pork Chops
To make the rub for seasoning, we used our preferred mixture of components: salt, pepper, paprika, Ground Mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, as well as Italian seasoning.
I love this seasoning combination, but the air fryer pork chops are great with any kind of seasoning.
air fryer pork chops
1 lb boneless pork chops, or 3 pieces, 1/2-inch thick
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground Mustard
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp Italian seasoning
LET'S START - Air Fryer Preheat
NEXT STEP - Prepare seasoning
AND NOW! - Pork chops coat
Then - Air Fry
FINAL - Serve & Enjoy!
- Thicker or less pork chops can take a longer or less time for cooking. I believe it's a good idea to cook one first, and then ensure that it is cooked exactly how you want it.
- Create More- You could easily make a double of this recipe. However, make sure that you don't overlap the pork chops in the fryer. If you need to, you can cook the chops in batches.
- Dry-brineIf - If you have time, pull the pork chops from the refrigerator earlier then season them and let them sit, covered at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes prior to cooking. They'll be more delicious and juicy!