Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein—is your easy make-at-home version of your favorite Chinese meal. Spaghetti, chicken and lots of vegetables are pulled together with a tasty Asian sauce.
Chicken Lo Mein is here. If you want to learn how to make chicken Lo Mein in the Instant Pot then you need this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein recipe. Just pantry ingredients to make and 4 minutes to cook and less than 10 minutes of prep. This easy Instant Pot recipe is healthy and has all the flavor you expect.
Table of Contents
What is Lo Mein?
Lo Mein is a Chinese dish with egg noodles. It also includes veggies and chicken or other kind of meat, usually beef or pork. It can also be eaten with just veggies tossed in a savory sauce.
How to Make Lo Mein in Instant Pot?
This awesome and delicious meal is made with ingredients which are easily available and nutritious. And if you don’t already have these in your pantry, get them, as all of these ingredients can also be used in other Chinese recipes. It’s completely customizable recipe, that means you can make your own twist to it. Here’s what it takes:
Noodles: In my pantry, i always have regular egg noodles, Lo Mein noodles and spaghetti because all this can be used in this recipe. But personally, i prefer to use spaghetti for its taste and texture.
Sauce: Here is what you need to make the sauce that coats the noodles:
- Chicken broth
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- Sesame oil
Chicken: Personally, i use boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces.
Vegetables: For this quantity, here is what I used in this recipe:
- 12 oz bag of frozen stir fry vegetables.
Step by Step directions for Instant Pot Lo Mein
This delicious Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is the perfect tasty and quick Asian meal to make in your Instant Pot and that takes about 30 minutes. The general step by step directions are as follows:
- Add the broth into the Instant Pot. In a medium bowl, add all spices and seasoning including Low sodium soy sauce, Garlic, Brown sugar, Chili garlic sauce, Ginger and Sesame oil. Stir well to combine. Pour the mixture over the chicken broth.
- Break the spaghetti in half, add into the instant pot and push down until is fully submerged in mixture.
- Add chicken and do not stir cover the instant pot and set to manual/pressure function to 4 minutes. Then let the pressure release slowly for 5 minutes.
- Set the instant pot to the “sauté” function. Add in the veggies and stir. Let them cook for a few minutes (3-5 minutes). The veggies can also be steamed separately before adding them in.
- After the time is, turn off, open the lid and check for salt. Serve and enjoy warm!
Tips for Chicken Lo Mein
For this recipe, i prefer thin spaghetti because it works great. But if using noodles, i recommend you to pick egg noodles or lo mein noodles.
For best result and juicy chicken, i recommend to using chicken thighs in this instant pot chicken lo mein.
To make this recipe a vegetarian recipe you can skipping chicken. Extra-firm Tofu can be added for protein.
You can skip the chicken to make this recipe vegetarian. Extra-firm Tofu can be added instead of chicken for protein.
The veggies can also be steamed separately before adding them in.
This recipe can be easily personalized using your favorite form of noodles and your favorite veggies medley.
More Popular Instant Pot Asian Dishes
About Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ½ Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1 ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen stir fry vegetables
Nutrition Fact Of Chicken Lo Mein
Total Fat: 9.18 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Sodium: 536 mg
Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
Carbohydrate: 33.24 g
Protein: 15.66 g
Step by Step Instructions
Add chicken, low sodium soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, ginger, sesame oil and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
Break spaghetti and add it into the Instant Pot in that order. Cook on manual/pressure function for 4 minutes.
Then do an NPR (natural pressure release) for 5 minutes.
Add in the veggies gently mixing to combine. Close the lid, set the instant pot to the “saute” function and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
Check for salt and then serve in bowls. Enjoy warm!