If you are a fan of shrimp, then you need to try this instant pot shrimp Jambalaya recipe. It is extremely savory and will certainly satisfy all of your family members.
This Instant pot shrimp jambalaya is a recipe which I have personally experimented with over the years. However, the end result is a comfort food dish and delicious shrimp that is perfect to come home to after a busy day.
The ways of cooking shrimp are a variety. We can find Japanese style fried shrimp, shrimp etouffee… But the key is to avoid overcooking, as a result, you will get less flavorful shrimp. Because it does not need long to cooking. Usually, once the shell begins to separate you should removing and rinse it with cold water by using a colander.
If you prefer using your instant pot to cooking the shrimp, as I do, it provides you a variety of ways to cooking, like saute, stir-fried, grill, boiled, steamed… One thing more you should take into account is the size of shrimp; the larger it is, the harder it is to cook, which increases the longer of cooking.
About this Recipe
Recipe of Instant pot shrimp jambalaya includes all the traditional and authentic flavors of Cajun, Creole seasoning, fresh parsley and thyme leaves that everyone will love.
- 1 tablespoon:vegetable oil.
- 1/2 pound: boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces.
- 1/2 pound: fully cooked Italian sausage, sliced.
- 0.5 pound: uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 2 teaspoons: Creole seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon: dried thyme leaves.
- 1/8 teaspoon: cayenne pepper.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- green bell pepper, chopped.
- 3 stalks celery, sliced.
- cup: long grain rice.
- 16 ounce canned chopped tomatoes.
- 1 cup: chicken stock.
- 3 tablespoons: fresh parsley, minced.
Instant pot shrimp Jambalaya recipe is easy to make that can be ready in a few minutes for a meal everyone will love. ALso are convenient for breakfast, lunch or as a snack.
Total Fat: 40.8g,
Saturated Fat: 22.2g,
Total Carbohydrates: 216g,
Step by Step Instructions
Firstly, Heat oil in the instant pot over medium-high heat.
Firstly, add chicken, sausage and shrimp. Sprinkle meats with half of the creole seasoning, half the thyme and half the cayenne. Stir well to mix.
Secondly, cook for 3-5 minutes uncovered, and then stirring frequently until chicken and shrimp are thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken, sausage and shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Further, add onion, bell pepper, celery and remaining Creole seasoning, thyme and cayenne to pressure cooker. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring well until evenly blended.
Add rice, tomatoes with their juice and stock. Cover the pot, lower heat and cook for 8 minutes on high pressure.
Release the pressure by the quick method and remove the lid. Then stir in chicken, sausage, shrimp and parsley. Cover the pot tightly and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Instant pot shrimp jambalaya
How to cook shrimp jambalaya in instant pot? It's easy to cook this recipe in your instant pot; Firstly, you should cook shrimp with chicken and sausage about 5 mins. Then remove it and set aside. Secondly, cook rice with onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes for about 5 mins.
Type: Main dish
Keywords: instant pot, pot, jambalaya, instant, rice, sausage, recipe, chicken, jambalaya recipe, reply, diana rattray, pressure
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: PT5M
Cooking Time: PT25M
Total Time: PT30M
- 1 TABLESPOON:VEGETABLE OIL.
- 1/2 POUND: BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS, CUT INTO 1″ PIECES.
- 1/2 POUND: FULLY COOKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE, SLICED.
- 1/2 POUND: UNCOOKED SHRIMP, PEELED AND DEVEINED.
- 2 TEASPOONS: CREOLE SEASONING. 1 TEASPOON: DRIED THYME LEAVES. 1/8 TEASPOON: CAYENNE PEPPER.
- 1 ONION, CHOPPED.
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED.
- GREEN BELL PEPPER, CHOPPED.
- 3 STALKS CELERY, SLICED.
- 1 CUP: LONG GRAIN RICE.
- 16 OUNCE CANNED CHOPPED TOMATOES, UNDRAINED.
- 1 CUP: CHICKEN STOCK.
- 3 TABLESPOONS: FRESH PARSLEY, MINCED.