Instant pot chicken breast! Have you ever cooked it already? It’s so simple and produces succulent chicken breasts that make you enjoy at dinner, meal prep or in recipes that require cooked or shreds of chicken. After you’ve tried it you’ll be sure you’ll never go back!
These Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are always soft, moist and delicious! The chicken breasts in a pressure cooker are cooked perfectly in just a few minutes using either frozen or fresh. Serve your instant pot chicken breasts with rice or vegetables and quinoa for an easy, delicious dinner!
Why you will love this Instant Pot Chicken Breast?
- It’s easy to make: simply dump it, then start cooking! Allow the pressure to release naturally, then open the lid, and you’ll have an incredible dinner or perfectly cooked chicken to serve salads and sandwiches during the week.
- It’s versatile: as I said above it’s delicious cold in salads and sandwiches however, it’s also great added to soups, pasta or other casseroles, and is reheatable using any sauce you like to create something completely new (we believe in reinventing leftovers here).
- It’s healthy: Don’t get too excited over the smallest amount of margarine or butter, our bodies require some fat, as well. This Instant Pot chicken breast is a protein-rich as well as a low fat, low-calorie option to any meal.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Ingredients:
Here’s the list of the ingredients used in the recipe:
CHICKEN BREASTS – You’ll require skinless and boneless chicken breasts Fresh and frozen breasts of chicken can be a good choice.
HERBS AND SPICES – I made use of Italian Seasoning as well as garlic powder, and smoking and smoked paprika. They are my favorite spices to cook chicken. You are free to add your preferred herbs and spices. If you’re making the chicken into shreds for other dishes Don’t fret too much about the herbs and spices to choose from, you may prefer to cook the chicken cooked plain.
SALT AND PEPPER – To taste.
OLIVE OIL – If you do not have olive oil, you can substitute sunflower, safflower avocado or vegetable oil. You only need olive oil to cook your breasts. In the event that you aren’t searing, then you don’t require any oil in any way.
CHICKEN BROTH – I made the broth with lower sodium in this recipe. The reason I did this is that I prepared gravy with leftover juice and leftover drippings. If you don’t intend to cook gravy, you may skip the broth and make use of water that’s plain.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Instant Pot – 6 Quart
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
2-pound chicken breasts about 4 to 6 breasts, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken broth (low sodium, no sodium, or just water)
Let’s start - COMBINE SPICES
Next step - SEAR CHICKEN
And now – PRESSURE COOK THE CHICKEN
Final – SERVE
- If your Instant Pot calls for more or less liquid, you are able to alter the amount according to the specifications of your Instant Pot model. I typically use one cup of liquid for my Instant Pot that holds 6 quarts.
- Storage: can last for up to 5 days in the fridge.