The air fryer toast can transform the way you cook toast! It’s faster, easier and more efficient than using a toaster. The air fryer method produces the crispest golden as well as delicious bread!
It is easy to create toast in an air fryer using bagels, bread, English muffins, and many more! Air fryers make toasting bread simple and ensure perfect toast every time with minimal effort!
One of the most frequently asked inquiries I receive is “Can toast bread with an air fryer?” I’m here to give you the answer: yes! When you begin making toast with the air fryer, you’ll be wondering why you still use a toaster.
The air fryer is great in quickly making frozen food and making food items crispy like Air Fryer Pancakes. It’s the ideal kitchen appliance to make toasty bread. Additionally, the large air fryers are able to toast more bread in one go than a standard 2-slot toaster.
My air fryer recipes with just one ingredient always prove to be the most sought-after. They are great for those who aren’t keen on cooking or don’t have enough time for cooking. I hope that this air fryer toast recipe helps in making breakfast much easier for you!
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Toast
Since I’ve begun cooking almost everything in my air fryer I’ve been gradually eliminating unnecessary kitchen appliances, like my toaster! I am a fan of making my toast using the air fryer since it is perfect every single time.
It is possible to forget about toast that is soft (or worse, burnt toast). This method always will yield perfectly toasted results for an easy breakfast or snack.
If you’ve ever tried toast with no toaster, you’ll never be able to go back!
ADVANTAGES OF USING AN AIR FRYER
It may seem odd to make use of an air fryer to cook toast. There are many advantages!
Air fryers typically hold more bread slices than a toaster. The basket of my air fryer holds four slices of bread, whereas my toaster can only accommodate 2 slices at a time. So, an air fryer reduces the amount of time required to toast several bread slices.
It’s much less likely to burn the pieces of toast when you use your air fryer.
Air fryers can possibly reduce cross-contamination for food allergies. For instance, my family isn’t gluten-free and they use our toaster oven for regular bread. If I used the same toaster for toasting, it could be contaminated. Thus, an air fryer is a good option for toasting the bread.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS AIR FRYER TOAST RECIPE
- Big batches: Depending on the size of the bread, the air fryer can toast up to eight slices of bread at once. So, if you need to make many toasts, it is more efficient than the 2-slot toaster.
- Plant-based: Toast can be plant-based for a wide range of vegetarian, vegan and omnivore-friendly snacks. (And it is gluten-free as well as low-carb bread are usually also plant-based.)
- Customized: Have toast for a snack or turn it into an entire meal. Take a fun approach to food with toppings such as Nutella or make it healthy with nut butter and slices of fruit.
- Delicious: Almost everybody likes bread, the same is true for toast. It’s certainly a popular food.
Air Fryer Toast Ingredients
What do you need to make toast in an air fryer? Here’s your extremely complicated shopping list (hahaha):
Bread: You can use any bread you like, It’s up to you which one you prefer. White bread, whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread, Keto healthy bread, or homemade bread. When I cook air-fried toast, I like pieces of Warburtons that are 100% suitable for vegetarians.
Butter: I don’t know what you prefer, but butter help to make crispy toast. It gives a delicious crunch and soft middle. To get the best results, you should use softened butter as it’s spreadable. For vegan and dairy-free, think about using Vegan butter, melted coconut oil, or olive oil.
The only thing you require to make air fryer toast bread is an air fryer. There are no parchment paper liners or any other equipment is required.
For me, i have use my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer to make this recipe. You can use Cosori, Pampered Chef Air Fryer, Actifry, Nuwave, Instant Vortex, Cuisinart, Philips, Power Air Fryer and more. The cooking times might need to be altered slightly based on the type of air fryer you employ.
How To Make Toast In The Air Fryer
It’s time to learn the art of air-frying bread! This “recipe” will be quick So you must prepare your toast toppings prior. Cut the avocado or tomato, or whatever else you’re making.
Start by setting your air fryer at 400F to heat it up. Select the pieces of bread you’re going to use. Spread butter on the side of each piece of bread.
Place the bread in the air fryer basket, with the buttered side facing down. Spread more butter on the unbuttered side.
Close the air fryer and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove the basket or pan from the air fryer. Then, top the toast with toppings of your choice and serve!
Topping Ideas for Air Fryer Toast
What are the top options for topping toast? Toast bread can be eaten by itself with butter. This can be used with all your favorite toppings. Some of my family’s favorite:
- Jam or jelly
- Peanut butter, nut butter or seed butter
- Fried egg
- Chocolate chips
- Frosting and sprinkles
- Fried egg
If I’m having a busy morning, I like to cook an easy piece of toast with butter or jam and enjoy it with a large glass of coffee in order to start my day with a bang.
- Don’t overlap the toast in your air fryer. If you do it, you’ll have to rotate the bread halfway to ensure that all pieces of the bread are evenly toasty.
- If you are using something to weigh on the bread, be sure you flip it to toast it evenly. If the bread isn’t flying around in the pan, then it’s not necessary to worry about flipping it. Air fryers are fantastic for cooking on all sides simultaneously!
HOW TO SERVE & STORE TOAST
It’s preferred to serve air fryer toast when it’s hot! There’s nothing more satisfying than a warm slice of toast, topped by homemade peanut butter!
For the leftover toast, keep that remain in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat air fry for about 1 to 2 minutes or until it is warm.
Can you toast food in an air fryer?
Yes! toast bread is great in the air fryer. Anything that is toasted with the toaster can be toasted in an air fryer.
Can an air fryer replace a toaster?
If you already own an air fryer but don’t have a toaster, the air fryer is a great alternative to the toaster. If you own a toaster but are considering purchasing the air fryer, i recommend you give away the toaster since the air fryer is more versatile and you will make more use of your air fryer than a toaster.
How long should toast be cooked in an air fryer? What temperature should toast be cooked at in an air fryer?
Toast can be air-fried for about 4-5 minutes at 400F. Make sure to use the top rack of your air fryer.
How do I make a gluten-free air fryer toast?
To make gluten-free air fryer toast, the bread you choose to use must not contain gluten. Here’s a suggestion for bread that is free of gluten (plus Paleo, keto and low carb). Udi’s and Canyon Bakehouse are two other choices for gluten-free bread that are highly rated.
Air Fryer Toast
4 slices bread
2 tbsp butter, softened (optional)
toast toppings (optional)
NEXT STEP - PREPARATION!
- Make use of your favorite bread.
- To be Vegan and dairy-free, make use of Vegan butter, coconut oil that has been softened oil, or olive oil in place of butter.
- Each air fryer is unique. It may only require 3 minutes, or it could take more than 5 minutes.
- If you are using an air fryer basket it is not necessary to flip toast every so often during the cooking.
- If you are using the air fryer pan, flip the bread over after 3 minutes, then air fry for another one minute or until the toast has done.