If you are looking for an easy London Broil recipe, This instant pot london broil is delicious and hearty.
Instant pot London broil is the best delicious recipe I received ever. It’s better than the prepared on the grill, but one taste of this will make you ecstatic, especially during warm weather months.
Table of Contents
What is London broil?
In the original, the London broil it’s a method of beef broil preparation, that refers to broiling flank steak Prepared on the grill in the form of thinly sliced.
But now this name signifies a top-quality round steak good for this style of cooking that can find it in the grocery stores.
What cut of meat is used for the Instant Pot London broil?
The best beef steak that can be used for the London broil recipe is a boneless steak from sirloin or strip loin with thick meat fibers running in the same direction.
The reason why these types of steak that already mentioned are chosen is that they cook very quickly with high heat.
How to cook London broil in your instant pot?
The first important thing you must do is marinated London with your favorite beef seasoning.
- In this recipe, I will suggest my favorite beef seasoning that consisting of vinegar, oil, tomato paste, garlic salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
- The next step is to marinate both sides of the London broil, put it with the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag, seal the bag and let it refrigerate for four hours for tenderizing the meat and add flavor.
- Now turn on your Instant Pot and set it to the “saute” function, heating the oil for about one minute and add the steaks to cook about 10 min until brown the London broil on each side.
- Then add a couple of cups of liquid or less as your desire to the instant pot. And this you can consider as your beef broth.
- Close the cover of your instant pot and turn the heat to 250°F for about 15 min. When the time is over Turn off and allow it to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
About this Recipe
2 lbs London broil.
1/2 cup water.
1/4 cup red wine vinegar.
2 tablespoons canola oil.
1 tablespoon tomato paste.
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided.
1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided.
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided.
For a Serving Size of 100g.
Total Fat 4.4g
Step by Step Instructions
In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients; water, vinegar, oil, tomato paste, garlic salt, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
Marinate both sides of the sliced of London broil in the mixture of marinade and put them into a large resealable plastic bag.
Seal the bag and put it into the refrigerator for about 4 hrs.
Preheat oil olive in the Instant Pot by “Sauté” function.
When the oil hot. Add the London broil in the inner pot and brown it on each side.
After the time over, add a couple of cups of liquid as a beef broth (marinade or another liquid).
Set the instant pot in the “Manual” function, cover the pot and let it finish cooking about 10 min. When time over, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 mins.
Remove the London broil from the instant pot and transfer it in a plat and cut it into thin slices. Serve immediately.