instant pot sticky rice
I’m one of those people who loves eating rice dishes all week. Instant pot sticky rice one of the recipes that I highly recommend if you love to serve cooked rice with all your meals.
Here’s today a simple way to prepare your white short-grain rice, brown rice, red rice with one recipe that assure you sticky rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of your instant pot.
WHAT IS STICKY RICE?
Term of sticky rice one of the confusing types of rice because there are so many different types of rice within this category. We can find waxy, sweet or glutinous rices, long and short-grain rice that may be white, black, or even red.
In this instant pot sticky recipe, we will try to cook the white short-grain rice.
But what important for us today is glutinous rice that also known as sticky rice because:
- It has medium white grains that are more opaque with than other types of white rice.
- It is 100 percent amylopectin.
- It becomes very sticky when cooked.
- It is used in many Asian foods, which is probably why it is called “sweet rice” and ” Japanese rice”.
Helpful Tips and Rules for Buying and Storing instant pot sticky rice:
When you go to the supermarkets and Asian stores to buy the sticky rice and store it you should:
- Check the freshness of the rice by examining the grains that they should be translucent, more opaque and free of dust, broken particles and also the residues.
- For the fresh rice storing, it’s better to store in a store airtight in a jar or box in a dark cupboard.
- The cooked sticky rice can be frozen, but the problem is that will get mushy. One more thing is that brown rice freezes more successfully than white rice.
About instant pot sticky rice
1 cup short-grain white rice (Glutinous Rice).
1 cup cold water.
Nutrition Fact of sticky rice
(For 1 cup of Sticky Rice)
Total Fat: 0.33 g
Fiber: 1.7 mg
Potassium: 17 mg
Carbohydrate: 36.7 g
Protein: 3.51 g
Step by Step Instructions of instant pot sticky rice recipe
Rinse the rice lightly and drain the rice.
Add the cold water in your instant pot.
Add the rice and ensure that all the rice is submerged in the water.
Ensure to close the lid well.
Set your instant pot to the “Rice” function.
Then allow the pressure to release naturally.
Open the lid carefully.
Fluff the sticky rice gently and serve it warm with your main dish.
INSTANT POT STICKY RICE
How to make instant pot sticky rice? 1-Rinse the rice lightly and drain the rice. 2-Add the cold water in your instant pot. 3-Add the rice and ensure that all the rice is submerged in the water. 4-Ensure to close the lid well. 5-Set your instant pot to the "Rice" function. 6-Then allow the pressure to release naturally. 7-Open the lid carefully. 8-Fluff the sticky rice gently and serve it warm with your main dish.
Type: Side Dish
Keywords: rice, sticky rice, instant pot, sticky, pot, instant, pressure, pressure cooker, recipe, cooker, water, glutinous
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Preparation Time: PT5M
Cooking Time: PT25M
Total Time: PT30M
- 1 cup short-grain white rice.
- 1 cup cold water.